Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Community license

Vote:

Hi,

Please clarify licensing model for EPiServer community module.
It is clear that EpiServer Relate+, Mail needs additional license.
But if a customer decide to use only Blogs Community feature
within existing EPiServer CMS MVC site should he pay for additional license in this case?
Does the license fee depend on a number of blogs created?

Thanks.

Jan 04, 2014 14:35
Vote:

If you are able to stick with EPiServer CMS built-in blog engine you are not required to pay additional Relate+ license. As far as I know license does not restrict either number of blogs nor fee depends on number of blogs created.

Jan 08, 2014 17:09
Vote:

Thanks for response Valdis.

Could you please clarify what is meant under build-in blog engine.

I have not found anything relating to blogs in CMS SDK.

Jan 10, 2014 21:04
Vote:

I'm not sure about which version of EPiServer you are refering to.. If you take a look at EPiServer v6 AlloyTech sample site bin/ directory for instance - there is a EPiServer.Blog.dll file which is a library that provides basic blogging functionality built-in into CMS.

Library is still present in 7.0 version - however I see that it has been removed from 7.5 version binaries.

Jan 11, 2014 17:27
Vote:

We are developing on 7.5 so it seems that episerver.blog.dll is not an option for us.

I found a thread which explains why the dll is not present in new release.

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=70341

Jan 11, 2014 21:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.