Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

NewsFeed woes

Vote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to make sense out of the NewsFeed system. So far I understand that Stories are based on Actions and stories are published to NewsFeeds. NewsFeeds are created for a certain user.

Now, I'm creating an Action, adding it to the system and then creating a story that I add to the system with AddStory.

Next, I have 2 users, user1 and user2. user1 created the story and is marked as the actor. I get the NewsFeed object for both users, if it does not exist yet, I create it and get it back through the NewsFeedHandler. Once I have done this, I try to add the story to the NewsFeed of both users, using NewsFeedHandler.Instance.PublishStory(story)

For both users I next fetch the NewsFeedStoryCollection through the NewsFeedHandler (NewsFeedType.NewsFeed, Status.Approved)

This does not produce the output I expect (being the 1 story I published to both NewsFeeds)

How can I do what I want to do?

Also, if I remove the story, does it remove it from both NewsFeeds? What if I want to persist the story but remove it from user2's NewsFeed?

Thanks,

Vincent

Mar 17, 2011 12:08
Vote:

Found the issue, I was using an unadded action. The action was created but not added the the system.

Then, the story gets removed for everyone, so I guess the best way to do this is create a new story for each user that needs to read it, so when it gets removed, it doesn't get removed for each user

Mar 17, 2011 14:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.