Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cascading status changes

Vote:

Hi!

If I change the status to removed on a user (+ explictly set CascadeStatus to true), I've got the impression that all the user's content also would get the new status. But it doesn't.

From what I can see the following happens:

• Tags and categories on the user changes status
  • Comments made by the user changes status
  • Entries in the user's news feed change status

It also tries to change the status on the user's contact relations, but fails that (this will be reported as a bug soon).

So, what's the story? What should happen? Should all owned/authored conent change status? There's absolutly no documentation on this as far as I can see.

BR/Tomas Eld

Jan 11, 2011 15:44
Vote:

As for any entity (that properly calls the FameworkFactoryBase.UpdateEntity method), changed statuses will cascade to any children as determined by EPiServer.Common.Owner.OwnerHandler.Instance.GetObjectsByOwner(EntityReference.ToEntityReference(entity)); as well as any comments on the entity.

Jan 28, 2011 13:51
Vote:

OK, if we take a user - the user object doesn't own anything. Instead it's the MyPage object that owns the objects (unclear why with the new structure in Community 4). And here's a problem since the MyPage isn't owned technically by the user. All those relations, not handled by the ownership system, wouldn't it be wise to handle them too?

What I guess I would want in this functionality is for the MyPage object to change status, then all objects owned by the MyPage, like ImageGalleries and ContactContainers, and then lastly all images in the gallery etc.

Also resonable would be if all authored object would change status when using the CascadeStatus flag.

BR/Tomas

Jan 31, 2011 16:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.