Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Rating: Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down

Vote:

Hi,

I'm trying to make a thumbs up/down like rating system for forum topics/replies. The rating system as is does not like negative values so i have to store 0's and 1's I guess. Any Ideas how to effectively store and retrieve this type of rating?

I want to store the number of ratings, and get how many likes/dislikes a certain topic/reply (or any entity) has.

May 10, 2010 10:46
Vote:

Hi,

You can save the ratings using attributes for both EPiServer.Community.Forum.Topic and EPiServer.Community.Forum.Reply (for example one attribute for likes and another one for dislikes).

You can find more information on using attributes here: http://karolikl.blogspot.com/2009/07/attributes-in-episerver-relate.html

Karoline

Edited, May 10, 2010 15:50
Vote:

I did consider using Attributes at first, but is that faster than the using the Query system? Then again, it would take me 5 minutes to use Attributes compared to Query, but Query is more maintainable throughout the lifespan of the system when you consider staging/deployment/upgrading.

Unless there is a magical and secret way to easily move attributes between instances of Community?

May 18, 2010 10:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.