3.1 (old) Licencing problem

Vote:
 

We are setting up a copy of a productionsite for migrationg from 4.62b to CMS5, the old community is part of the site. I have ordered a developer license and received a license file the first time errormessage: "StarSuite.Core.Licensing.LicenseException: The maximum number of sites (1) has been exceeded." I ordered a new licensefile with maximumnumsites set to 10, new errormessage: StarSuite.Core.Licensing.LicenseException: The maximum number of sites (10) has been exceeded.

This tells me that something else is wrong, what else can cause this errormessage? anyone?

Regards

/Claes

#44925
Oct 21, 2010 9:47
Vote:
 

I have no solution for you but I thought I'd share my experience:

I have done exactly the same and also ran into the maximum sites problem. But in my case it was actually true. We had created a site, say it was called "MySite". The site called "Default" which is created when installing also existed. Though this hadn't been a problem before the upgrade, possibly because our license allowed more than one site or because the Default site didn't count with the previous version. In any case, the problem was solved by removing the unused Default site.

#44927
Oct 21, 2010 11:03
Vote:
 

Thanks Magnus,

It  turned out to be the same problem here, we actually have 45 sites and after requesting a licens file for 60 sites, it worked.

regards
Claes

#44928
Oct 21, 2010 11:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.