Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Community multi site configuration:

Vote:

I am currently working on a multi site EpiServer implementation that contains three sites. Two of these will also be Community implementations. (one of them already is community enabled and fully functional)

We had no major difficulties configuring EpiServer to be a multi site implementation but we failed to find any documentation or instruction on how to configure community to deal with the multi site scenario.
Could you please point me how to achieve it?
Thanks in advance.

Otavio Soccol

Aug 12, 2009 17:57
Vote:

I take it they all share the same code? In that case, the community API is available on all of these sites by default. See your web config:

<episerver.common>
    <siteHosts>
      <add name="Default" hostUrl="*" connectionStringName="EPiServerCommon" />
    </siteHosts>

You may configure it to use different connection strings if you like, but talk with the licensing department about licensing options if you choose to do so.

/Kristoffer

Aug 13, 2009 10:24
Vote:

Hi Kristoffer,

You are right, all three sites share the same code and are going to implement Community but they have to be isolated one from the other somehow on the community database.

Are you saying that the only way to achieve that is to have separate community databases per site?

Ideally I would like to have all three sites to use the same community database.

Thanks.

Otavio Soccol
Aug 13, 2009 14:52
Vote:

Hi,

Just bumping this thread as there doesn't seem to be any definitive clarification and I could do with knowing!!

Cheers

Apr 09, 2015 18:47
Vote:

Hi Neil,

Would you be able to post a desired setup and the versions of the components involved?  Eg. versions of CMS, Community, etc.

As a side-note, it is a near-record bump you just made!

Apr 09, 2015 19:13
Vote:

We havent started build yet but I assumed we'd be using CMS 7.5 and Relate 7.5.

Setup wise, we'll ultimately be building out 3 separate sites within EPiServer - each would require distinct community features, so separate forums, ratings etc.

From further digging I belive earlier versions of the Community framework did expose some kind of Site Id but this is now obselete and using categories is preferred?

Does that mean I'll need 3 top level categories to represent each site and every piece of community added ot retrieved via the framework would need to include one of these categories?

Apr 10, 2015 11:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.