Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

OnlineStatusModule.Logon not triggered

Vote:

I have a Community 3.1-based site that has been upgraded from CMS 4.62 to CMS 5 R2 SP1. Since then the OnlineStatusModule.Logon event is not triggered when a user logs on. In the old version the method EPiServer.Util.LoginBase.HandleFormsLogin was used to log the user in. Now it's handled by the ASP.NET login control. Does this prevent the event from triggering?
Jul 21, 2009 16:24
Vote:

Yes, that change is probably what causes the event not to trigger.

I believe this issue is fixed in the current version (3.2 SP1), but it would probably be possible to create a workaround for 3.1 if migration to the 3.2 series is not an option.

Jul 27, 2009 11:43
Vote:

No, a migration is not an option. I'll move my code to the LoggedIn event of the Login control instead.
Jul 27, 2009 11:47
Vote:

That should solve your immediate problem.

However, if the Logon event never fires, then I suspect that the OnlineModule will not work as intended. A workaround may be to call the OnlineModule.SetStillActive(IUser) method manually.

Jul 27, 2009 15:10
Vote:

I use the OnlineStatusModule.GetLastLogins to populate a list of recently logged in usres, and it seems to include users that have just logged in (using the Login control), so somehow the OnlineStatusModule gets information about the login. Perhaps SetStillActive is called from within the framework upon the next request or so?
Jul 28, 2009 7:27
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.