Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Comments moderation:

Vote:

Hi,

I've been assigned with the task of implementing an admin GUI to moderate comments on a community implementation that allow users to comment pages.

I have successfully implemented an EditPanel PlugInArea tab that allow editors to view and delete comments for now, but I also want to allow editors to moderate comments for the whole site via a custom community module without having to navigate to each page to do that.

Has anyone made it to implement a community module that gets added to the list of modules under the Community tab next to "At-A-Glance" , "User Management" , "Forum" , "Clubs" , "Expert" etc?
Thanks in advance.

Otavio Soccol

Jul 23, 2009 15:56
Vote:

What you would need to do is to implement the Community IModule interface, where the property AdministrationControl is a reference to the URL of the user control that should be loaded.

There is an attribute ModuleDisplay that you set for the class, where you can manage whether the module should be in the menu and in the access rights UI.

Jul 27, 2009 12:56
Vote:

Hi Håkan Lindqvist,

I have done the following imlpementation of the IModule class and I still do not have the option showing up on the ommunity tab or Administrative Access Rights:   

using EPiServer.Common.Modules;
using EPiServer.Community;
using IModule=EPiServer.Community.Modules.IModule;

namespace ####
{
[ModuleDisplay(true, true)]
public class PageEntityModule : IModule
{
public string UniqueName
{
get { return "pagestest"; }
}

public string Name
{
get { return "Pages Test"; }
}

public string AdministrationControl
{
get { return "~/Lib/Shared/Controls/ModerateCommentsGuiPlugin.ascx"; }
}

public static PageEntityModule Instance
{
get;
set;
}

public void OnApplicationStart(CommunityContext context)
{
Instance = this;
}
}
}

The module is  under System Settings/Modules/EPiServer Community/#Page Test#

Thanks for your reply! 

Otavio Soccol 
Edited, Jul 29, 2009 16:02
Vote:

Does it show up under System Settings -> Modules -> EPiServer Community?

I would guess that the problem is that no one has access to your new module. 

Jul 30, 2009 16:56
Vote:

Yep, gave permissions to groups:

1. Administrator
  2. Administrators
  3. WebAdmins
  4. WebEditors 

and to some users of ours just to be on safe and still I cannot see the option on the menu.

Thanks.

Otavio Soccol 

Jul 30, 2009 17:23
Vote:

I have now looked further into this and what I found is that I was wrong, sorry about misleading you like that.

The menu system only uses this information for the list of modules in the access rights listing.

The actual list of available modules in the main menu is static, which means that you would have to edit the CommunityMenu.ascx file.

Jul 31, 2009 13:26
Vote:

Hi Håkan,

Many thanks for your help, managed to get it done here!

Otavio Soccol 

Jul 31, 2009 15:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.