Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Announced topics and sorting - bug?

Vote:

We are experiencing some strange behaviour in our forum rooms when a topic has been set to announced. The announced topic sits at top of the list for all rooms (as expected) but when adding a new reply to another topic, this does not seem to affect the sorting, which it should (we are sorting by TopicSortField.LastReply).

The same thing happens in EPi edit mode when trying to sort topics in a room by last reply. I could reproduce it by following these steps:

1. Set a topic to announced. It will appear at the top of all topic lists.

2. Add a new reply to a topic. This topic should now be listed as the second topic in the room, just below the announced one, when sorting by "Last reply". But this doesn't happen.

3. Unannounce the announced topic. It should go back to its previous position, but it seems to stay on top?

4. The strange sorting behaviour seems to continue until I completely remove the  previously announced topic...

Has anyone had similar problems with announced topics? Is it a bug or am I missing the feature here? :)

Best regards,

Helena

Oct 13, 2009 14:59
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.