Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Transfer licence to new server

Vote:

Hi,

We need to move our current episerver (called EPI) install to a new more powerful server.

The new server will have the same name as the current, so the current server will be put off of our network but will still be up and running.

The licence and configuration (IIS & Episerver) will need to move across to the new serevr.

Is there a set process or applet that will allow me to export the licence & configuration of Episerver to the new server easily?

I understand how to restore SQL databases, migrate IIS folders etc. but I just want to be sure Episerver itself won't break down in the process...

Any advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Jez

Sep 08, 2008 17:34
Vote:

Hi,

1. About the license,
    EPiServer Licenses are bound to either MAC address or an IP number. So you need to order a replacement license from http://license.ep.se/public/ 
    select the link "Replace license". Your sites licence number can be found in EPiServers admin mode->config tab-> license informaton.
    If you are unsure you can contact us. :-)
  2. IIS settings
    I'm not sure what's best practice, but IIS settings can be exported to a file and then imported to the new server. Or you install a new EPiServer site on the new server but without public template packages, then copy over dll's, templates, web.config etc. and change the database connection string.

I would test this while the live web site is up and running, so you know everything is working ok first. Smile

Sep 08, 2008 19:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.