Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Application startup issues when unittesting

Vote:

I'm trying to set up a xUnit test fixture for running unittests and would really appreciate some pointers. 

My fixture is pretty simple. It:

1. Creates a new HttpContext and assigns it to HttpContext.Current

2. Invokes StarSuite.Core.Settings.LoadSettings();

I receive the below errormessage. Looking at StarCommunity.Core.Modules.Impl with Reflector it seems I have all DLL:s that it references. What's weird though is that I have version 3.1.1.42 of it while the error message below claims it's looking for version 3.0.4.42 or one of it's dependencies.

TestCase 'Fixture Getupdated.Community.Web.EPiServerCommunity.Modules.Dialog.Test.Test'
failed: System.ApplicationException : Unable to load types from 'Getupdated.Community.Web.EPiServerCommunity, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. LoaderExceptions: [FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'StarCommunity.Core.Modules.Impl, Version=3.0.4.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0bd7a6276e8c109e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]

---- System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at StarSuite.Core.Settings.GetSingletonInstancesOfBaseType(Type baseType, String staticMethodName, Type returnType)
at StarSuite.Core.Settings.LoadSecurityHandlers()
at StarSuite.Core.Settings.LoadSettings()
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Pro\Getupdated.Community.Web.EPiServerCommunity.Modules.Dialog.Test\StarSuiteFixture.cs(24,0): at Getupdated.Community.Web.EPiServerCommunity.Modules.Dialog.Test.StarSuiteFixture..ctor()
----- Inner Stack Trace -----
at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at StarSuite.Core.Settings.GetSingletonInstancesOfBaseType(Type baseType, String staticMethodName, Type returnType)

Jul 08, 2008 10:34
Vote:

It looks like your assembly Getupdated.Community.Web.EPiServerCommunity is missing some dependencies, or is not available at all. Make sure they are all present in the output of your unit test build.
Jul 10, 2008 15:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.