Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Forum access rights inheritance

Vote:

Are forum access rights inherited from forum to room to childroom; will GetTotalRoomAccessRights for a childroom/user combination be affected by the access rights of the users's group on the parent room?
Jun 19, 2008 13:10
Vote:

Hi Magnus,

No the access rights of the user are only inherited from its groups, and not the parent rooms.
It is possible to merge two access rights hence producing the same result as inheritence like this:

RoomAccessRights mergedAccessRights = (RoomAccessRights)accessRightsFromChild.Merge(accessRightsFromParent);
Jun 19, 2008 13:56
Vote:

Edited, Jun 19, 2008 14:03
Vote:

Thank you for your answer!

However, I thought that it is perhaps not the best way to add access rights recursively, since it would be impossible to revoke access rights in child rooms.

Is there a way to copy the access rights from one room to another? I imagine setting "normal" access rights for the club forum, and then copy these normal access rights to new club rooms when a new clubs are created. I can use GetAccessRights but that would require me to loop through all existing groups and users. Is there an other way?

Jun 23, 2008 11:00
Vote:

Hi,

You can listen to the ClubHandler.ClubAdded event and then get all users/groups that have access rights set for a club with StarCommunity.Modules.Club.Security.SecurityHandler.Instance.GetClubUsers(...)/GetClubGroups(...) and then transfer their access rights, that would limit the result to the actual relevant users/groups.

Jun 23, 2008 15:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.