Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deadlock Error

Vote:

Hi,

I am new to EPIServer. I am getting this error on my production server

Type : EPiServer.Core.EPiServerException, EPiServer, Version=5.2.375.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7

Message : Deadlock risk detected. Trying to read a page from the same thread that is already trying to read the same page.

I dont know much about the flow of the code. Need some help/advice on what could be the cause of this error and also how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Abhishek

Aug 08, 2014 10:12
Vote:

Any stacktrace available? And when excatly this happens - on site start, particular page, somewhere in admin UI?

Aug 08, 2014 14:31
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This is happening at the start of the site. This is some more info which i have

Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite : Boolean TryRead(System.String, TObject ByRef)

Stack Trace :    at EPiServer.Core.OptimisticCache`1.TryRead(String cacheKey, TObject& item)

at EPiServer.Core.OptimisticCache`1.Read(String cacheKey, ReadAndCacheObject`1 readAndCacheObject)

at EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider.GetLanguageBranchAndPath(String pathRootRelative, String& pathRelative)

at EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider.ConvertToInternalInternal(UrlBuilder url, Object& internalObject)

at EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider.ConvertToInternal(UrlBuilder url, Object& internalObject)

at EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModule.HttpUrlRewriteToInternal(UrlBuilder url)

at EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModuleBase.BeginRequestEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Abhishek

Aug 08, 2014 15:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.