Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForms not allowing special characters in textfield names

Vote:

Hi,

We've just migrated a site from EPi 4 to EPi 5 (), and have gotten the XForms to work fine - there's just one issue left: the Name-property of Textfields (and other fields) in the forms doesn't allow special characters (like Swedish åäö). If using special characters, there is an empty error message displayed when trying to save the Textfield (the yellow rectangle with an exclamation-mark sign, but no error text), and the Textfield won't save. If no special characters are used, everything saves just fine. Also, special characters in other places than the Name-property are no problem.

Any suggestions for solving this? All help would be much appreciated!

(Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be support for pasting images to posts at this forum in a any browser, otherwise I'd attach a dump of the error message. Please let me know if my description was unclear in any way.)

BR,

David

May 16, 2010 15:38
Vote:

Additional info: the EPiServer version is 5.2.375.236. Let me know if any other info could be of interest here.

May 16, 2010 15:45
Vote:

XForms does not support special characters in the Name fields as far as I know.

May 17, 2010 13:21
Vote:

Ah, that would explain things... I guess it messes up the XML.

May 17, 2010 13:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.