Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to create local machine acconut?

Vote:

Hi,

I am having trouble with the installation manager. When I try to Install Site in the Installation Manager I get get this error: "ASPNET is not a valid user or group". I came to the conclusion by searching here in the forums that I have to create a local machine account called ASPNET. How do I do that? Is there anyone that can be kind to send me a clue? I work on Windows XP, Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition, IIS that comes with XP and ask me if there is anything more you need to know.

Mar 16, 2010 0:55
Vote:

You can create local accounts via Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups.

I find it odd that the ASPNET account is missing though. Have you registered ASP.NET with the IIS?

Run the following command: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i".

Here's also guide on how to create a service account for ASPNET: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998297.aspx

Mar 16, 2010 8:59
Vote:

Thanks for your fast help!

That did it, belive it or not ... I´ve just managed to install a site now through the installation manager.

Mar 16, 2010 9:46
Vote:

Awesome! Happy EPi-coding. :)

Edited, Mar 16, 2010 9:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.