Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commentary-field on user

Vote:

Hi everybody, I have a question about the commentary-field under users in admin mode. In 4.6x we had a field where we could enter comments about specific users, now after upgrading to CMS 5 we miss this field, we have had problems with people phoning in and posing as someone else to change their e-mail. To have a textfield to be able to notify other editors about this is important to us.

So, my question is: is there any way to implement this?

Regards

Gunnar

Feb 09, 2010 13:34
Vote:

One of the major changes between CMS 4 and 5 is the way users are handled. With EPiServer CMS 5 we introduced something called a provider mode for user handling. This means that we can have various sources to store, handle and update users. Depending on which provider you use for your solution the ability to have a comment field might or might not be possible to implement. I would ask your partner to have a look at this.

I you are interested you can read information about this here http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-5/EPiServer-CMS-5-R2-SP2/Authentication-and-Authorization-in-EPiServer-CMS-5/

Feb 09, 2010 21:59
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.