Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SchedulerService in enterprise environment

Vote:

We have an enterprise environment with one internal editserver, one public NLB with two nodes and one shared database.

The scheduled jobs is meant to run on the editserver. On the two nodes on the NLB I have stopped the scheduler-service and set the
 attribute enableScheduler="false" under sitesettings.

log4net logs the following error from the two NLB-nodes when the application restarts:
Cannot get SchedulerService. Make sure it's started on the localsystem.

Is there something else I need to do or should I just ignore the log4net-log.

Oct 27, 2009 11:25
Vote:

The message comes from the EPiServer.Scheduler initializer, an IHttpModule that "registers" the episerversite with the Scheduler service. You can ignore those messages, but if you want to get rid of them, comment out the below line from web.config under the section <httpModules> on the NLB-servers:

<add name="Initializer" type="EPiServer.Scheduler.Initializer, EPiServer.Scheduler" preCondition="managedHandler" />

/johan 

Oct 27, 2009 14:41
Vote:

Thanks Johan

The "enableScheduler" under siteSettings what is that used for? Should I set it back to true?

/Hans

Oct 27, 2009 17:29
Vote:

Looked in Reflector and saw that it's used by EPiServer.Scheduler.Initializer.StaticInitialization. I guess it doesn't matter what I set it to if I comment out the module.

/Hans

Oct 27, 2009 17:35
Vote:

Yeah, the code in the staticinitializer is runned regardless of the "enableScheduler" setting and setups the pipe and call the scheduler service, and if it fails, it logs the message youre seing.

The setting only controls wether the site is considered to be "online" or "disabled" when making the call to the scheduler service.

/johan

Oct 28, 2009 9:45
Vote:

Thanks Johan

Oct 28, 2009 9:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.