Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hook when unified file summary is saved

Vote:

I'm using the versioning provider, and all the VersioningFile.* and UnifiedFile.* events only fire when files themselves are added/moved/etc, not when file summaries are saved/updated.

Is there a way to hook when a unified file summary is saved? Or is there a smart way of accomplishing the same thing somehow?

Jul 28, 2008 12:01
Vote:

Good but very tricky question.

Summary is stored with EPiServers internal O/R-M called ObjectStore and there is no hooks to catch save of an item as far as I can see.

Changeing meta data will trigger reindexing but I can not see how that could be used easily...

The only approach left I can think of is to create a subclass/wrap of VersioningSummary with a hook for save and also subclass/wrap VersioningFile and VirtualPathVersioningProvider to make it return the summary object with your hook.

/Fredrik

Jul 28, 2008 15:45
Vote:

I tried the approach you suggested, but it turned out to be too much work. I ended up having to subclass/wrap far too many things. So I've gone with a pull solution instead of a push one. Thanks anyway!
Aug 07, 2008 9:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.