Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

UnifiedFile/UnifiedDirectory and the use of drag&drop of files

Vote:

Hi.
I have a versioned filesystem called  "Documents" (very original ;-)
In Global.asax I hook into the event UnifiedFile_UnifiedFileCheckedIn to add some metadata to the file (defined in FileSummary.config).

When a used adds a file from filemanager, everything works like a charm, but when users use the drag & drop functionality, this event never fires.  Do anyone have an idea why ?

I have tried to move my code to UnifiedDirectory_UnifiedFileAdded, but at this time in the stack the file data havent been saved yet, and I have no file.Summary to work with...

Anyone else finding this behavior a little strange ?

Jun 20, 2008 12:14
Vote:

Yeah, this is a bug, but it has been fixed and should work in R2 (UnifiedFileCheckedIn not beeing fired).

There is a bug regarding the fact that you cannot open files in FileAdded, perhaps you second issue is covered by that bug.

I'll be back with more info.

Jun 23, 2008 9:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.