Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

WindowsRoleProvider and AD groups

Vote:

When using WindowsRoleProvider som AD-groups can be seen in admin mode. But not all AD-groups. What makes the AD-groups visible/synched in admin mode?

The webserver is on the domain.

Regards Hans

May 28, 2008 12:38
Vote:

Hi Hans,

The reason why all AD-groups are not listed is because WindowsRoleProvider will synch first when a user in the expected group logges in. I believe Windows does not allow listing of all its roles, therefore this is the way it has been implemented. 

Best regards,

Mattias 

May 28, 2008 16:46
Vote:

Thank you for your reply, then I know

Do you know if it is possible to use MultiplexingRoleProvider or SqlServerRoleProvider and save groups like 'DOMAIN\groupname' and get it to work? I have tried but did not get it to work.

What I want to accomplish is to use windows authentication and give access to ad-groups and maybe ad-users. Like you can do in EPi 4, add a group in admin mode, 'DOMAIN\groupname'.

/Hans

May 29, 2008 9:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.