Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

An item with the same key has already been added

Vote:

I get the following error after upgrading to Service Pack 1. Anyone know how to solve it?

An item with the same key has already been added.

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) +48
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +2668392
EPiServer.Security.AccessControlList.Add(AccessControlEntry ace) +80
EPiServer.DataAccess.PageListDB.AclLoader(IDataReader reader, PageDataFacade page) +172
EPiServer.DataAccess.PageListDB.PageRecordEnumerator(IDataReader reader, IEnumerator pagesEnum, PageRecordDelegate loadMethod) +179
EPiServer.DataAccess.PageListDB.ReadPageList(AbstractCommand cmd) +685
EPiServer.DataAccess.PageListDB.LoadSpecificPages(Int32[] pageLinks) +421
EPiServer.LocalPageStore.ReadMissingPages(PageReferenceCollection missingPages) +234
EPiServer.LocalPageStore.GetScatteredPages(PageReferenceCollection pageRefs) +444
EPiServer.LocalPageStore.GetChildren(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector, Int32 startIndex, Int32 maxRows) +160
EPiServer.DataFactory.GetChildren(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector, Int32 startIndex, Int32 maxRows) +277
EPiServer.DataFactory.GetChildren(PageReference pageLink) +77
Foundation.Library.UI.WebControls.PageTree.CreateChildControlsRecursive(PageData page, Control container, Int32 level) in C:\Documents and Settings\andreas.norman\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Clients\TyrensWeb\Foundation\Library\UI\WebControls\PageTree.cs:309
Foundation.Library.UI.WebControls.PageTree.CreateControlHierarchy() in C:\Documents and Settings\andreas.norman\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Clients\TyrensWeb\Foundation\Library\UI\WebControls\PageTree.cs:303
Foundation.Library.UI.WebControls.PageTree.DataBindChildren() in C:\Documents and Settings\andreas.norman\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Clients\TyrensWeb\Foundation\Library\UI\WebControls\PageTree.cs:273
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12
Foundation.Library.UI.WebControls.PageTree.CreateChildControls() in C:\Documents and Settings\andreas.norman\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Clients\TyrensWeb\Foundation\Library\UI\WebControls\PageTree.cs:266
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

Apr 01, 2008 14:28
Vote:

can't really explain how the error occurs but try to rename the .net controls on the page. That has solved it for me when I got this problem.

Apr 02, 2008 14:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.