Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Invalid URI: There is an invalid sequence in the string

Vote:

Hi,

I'm getting a .net yellow page when I'm doing a redirect to a page with åäö in the URL. It's a simple search form where users enter a search phrase into a text box. When the user submits the form I create a URL to the search listing page. The contents in the form is URLEncoded before redirecting.

But on the search result-page I get a .net-error:

"Invalid URI: There is an invalid sequence in the string.
Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: There is an invalid sequence in the string."

The URL looks something like this:

"http:///Sokresultat/?ph=S%c3%b6k+Person&searchtype=person"

The phrase searched is "Sök Person", but all texts with åäö cause the same problem.

I'm running EPiServer 5.1.422.256. Any ideas what might cause the problem?

Regards,

Peter

Oct 09, 2008 10:21
Vote:

I forgot to mention that the site is an internal intranet site where users are always logged on (through integrated authentication).

Stack-trace;

System.Uri.UnescapeString(Char* pStr, Int32 start, Int32 end, Char[] dest, Int32& destPosition, Char rsvd1, Char rsvd2, Char rsvd3, UnescapeMode unescapeMode, UriParser syntax, Boolean isQuery, Boolean readOnlyConfig) +1197
System.Uri.UnescapeString(String input, Int32 start, Int32 end, Char[] dest, Int32& destPosition, Char rsvd1, Char rsvd2, Char rsvd3, UnescapeMode unescapeMode, UriParser syntax, Boolean isQuery, Boolean readOnlyConfig) +83
System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape) +149
EPiServer.UrlBuilder.ToString() +12
EPiServer.Web.PermanentLinkUtility.GetPageReference(UrlBuilder mappedUrl) +79
EPiServer.Web.FriendlyHtmlRewriteToExternal.HtmlRewriteUrl(UrlBuilder internalUrl, UrlBuilder externalUrl, UrlBuilder url, Encoding encoding, Object& internalObject) +16
EPiServer.Web.FriendlyHtmlRewriteToExternal.rewritePipe_HtmlRewriteUrl(Object sender, HtmlRewriteEventArgs e) +298
EPiServer.Web.RewritePipe.OnHtmlRewriteUrl(HtmlRewriteEventArgs e) +20
EPiServer.Web.HtmlRewritePipe.WriteElement(MyHtmlRewriteEventArgs e, SgmlReader reader, TextWriter writer) +426
EPiServer.Web.HtmlRewritePipe.RewriteToEnd(TextReader reader, TextWriter writer) +1532
EPiServer.Web.HtmlRewriteStream.Close() +160
System.Web.HttpWriter.Filter(Boolean finalFiltering) +310
System.Web.HttpResponse.FilterOutput() +97

Edited, Oct 09, 2008 10:22
Vote:

Oct 09, 2008 10:58
Vote:

Hi, 

This is registered bug which has been fixed in SP3
Bug #10555: Querystring with åäö crashes page if friendlyurl is enabled

Possible Workaround:
Do you have a file named: EPiServerLog.config in your site root? If you have, and that file contains a root logger on <level value="debug" />, change that to <level value="error" /> your page will not crash anymore.

Oct 09, 2008 11:02
Vote:

Thank you!! Logging error messages only solved it.

I thought I was going crazy because I've seen the error appear and disappear w/o any real explanation =)

Oct 09, 2008 11:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.