Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

error with visual web developer 2008 express edition

Vote:

i install cms5 on vista with iis7, and the site working fine, but when i open in visual web developer 2008 and try to re-build the site i get the following error: Error 1 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. D:\EPiServerCMS\Web\web.config 134 and this error pointing to the following lines in the web.config under web i check everything under this folder and under iis and there is no wrong. but i found web.config file in 3 location under ui and util and in the web folder. how i kan solve this?
Jan 16, 2008 14:12
Vote:

no reply up to now ...!!!
Jan 22, 2008 9:38
Vote:

Hi! First of all, running on Vista as a developer machine has not been officially supported until yesterday when we released EPiServer CMS 5 SP1 and we do not have Visual Web Developer as a tested and supported developer platform at the moment. With that in mind: I think that the problems you are facing might have to do with the somewhat different security approach in Vista. Ruwen Jin has written a blog on how to set up EPiServer CMS 5 on windows Vista that might help you: http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Ruwen/Dates/112201/112202/Run-EPiServer-Manager-under-Vista/ Regards Linus Ekström EPiServer Development Team
Jan 22, 2008 15:02
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.