Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem: editor access with windows authentication

Vote:

Trying to add an AD group to access editor pages, but the users in that group can not log in. Gets windows login pop-up windows, but it never authenticates the user. If I add the user to the servers Administrators group then the access works. Is there a problem if the AD group name contains white spaces? Can see the group and its users in EPiServer admin page, manage groups.
Jan 15, 2008 14:38
Vote:

Have you added the groups in web.config?
Jan 16, 2008 8:53
Vote:

I have added my AD group in web.config tag next to administrators, webeditors, webadmins. Nor does it work adding the AD user id in tag
Jan 16, 2008 13:42
Vote:

Are you sure that your user really gets the group membership that you are using in web.config. I would write a simple test page that list the membership in "view" mode to see if the user gets the exptected group membership.
Jan 23, 2008 11:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.