Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiserverProfile-UserData Help

Vote:

Im new in Episerver CMS, I started with CMS5,I need to add some user data to EpiserverUser, it has FirstName, LastName,Company etc. But I need other properties. Ive searched from articles and couldnt find the soln. Ive use sample solution of Episerver and modified it as ; user.Language = StripAnyTags(Language.SelectedLanguage == null ? user.Language :Language.SelectedLanguage.LanguageID); user.LastName = StripAnyTags(Lastname.Text); user.Title = StripAnyTags(Title.Text); user.Country = StripAnyTags(Country.Text); System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Profile.SetPropertyValue("Age", "23"); And web.config : But the application can not find the "Age" property. Do I miss something? Can you please help me...
Jan 22, 2008 16:24
Vote:

and one more thing; I got this error.. Exception Details: System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyNotFoundException: The settings property 'Age' was not found.
Jan 22, 2008 16:28
Vote:

There has been some changes regarding custom profile settings from EPiServer CMS 5 release to SP1 so I would try to update my solution to see if that solves the problem. Linus Ekström EPiServer Development Team
Jan 22, 2008 17:32
Vote:

Its solved. thanks.
Jan 23, 2008 16:27
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.