Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

episerver section in web.config alredy defined

Vote:

Hi, I've downloaded the EPiServer CMS 5.1.422.4. Created a new EPiServer project from whithin Visual Studio 2005. All files seem to get in place. I've changed the Provider to SqlProvider, created masterpage, EPi PageTemplate and so on. It all works fine till I try to run the project. I'm using the Web Development Server at port 6666. See error message below. I cant figure out where the section episerver "is already defined"... Parser Error Message: Section or group name 'episerver' is already defined. Updates to this may only occur at the configuration level where it is defined. Source Error: Line 6:
Sep 21, 2007 19:33
Vote:

Linus, I just realized that I have duplicated your question with my post here http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Developer-Forum2/EPiServer-Developer-Forums-/EPiServer-CMS-version-5/13807/ Did you by any chance find solution for this issue?
Oct 12, 2007 16:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.