Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page folder in CMS

Vote:

I'm converting a 4.61 to CMS and have a question regarding file handling. I need to browse thru a page folder and get any files of a specific type. In the old version I do like this: UnifiedDirectory pageDir = UnifiedPageDirectory.Get(CurrentPage.PageLink); if (pageDir == null) pageDir = UnifiedPageDirectory.Create(CurrentPage.PageLink); ... UnifiedDirectory thumbsDir = pageDir.GetSubdirectory(ThumbsDirName); ... UnifiedFile[] thumbs = thumbsDir.GetFiles((string)Global.EPConfig["EPsFilePattern"]); Can anyone describe to me how this is done in CMS?
Sep 21, 2007 11:34
Vote:

Hi, This is now Virtual path providers in CMS 5. We have a sample code about it (but it is written in april and things could have changed since): http://www.episerver.com/EPiServerCom/Templates/SampleSource.aspx?id=11336&epslanguage=EN Also a technote about VPP: http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Documentation/TechNotes/CMS-Tech-Notes/Virtual-Path-Providers-in-EPiServer/ But the best source of information is the sdk (sdk.episerver.com). Look at the EPiServer.web.hosting namespace. For example in episerver 4 you wrote: UnifiedFile file = UnifiedFileSystem.GetFile(path); now in cms 5: UnifiedFile uf = System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetFile(path) as UnifiedFile;
Sep 21, 2007 17:34
Vote:

I think the question that the answerer is cleverly dodging here really is: Is there a command to get the virtual path for the current EPiServer page? Previously, you could insert a PageReference as an argument to the UnifiedPageDirectory.Get() method and the path would resolve itself from there, but the EPi-intrisic method has now been removed in favor of the more generic System.Web.Hosting library. So, what to put in there instead, as an argument to System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetFile()? CurrentPage.LinkURL did not work for me.
Sep 24, 2007 13:15
Vote:

Hi As you said in EPiServer CMS 5 we have adopted the VirtualPathProvider API. The way to get a directory (in your case a Page folder) in this API is to call System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(virtualpath). So to get a pagefolder you need to pass in the virtualpath for the pagedirectory in the above statement. This is unfortunately not so obvious how to construct that. Below is a solution for this: using System.Web.Hosting; using EPiServer.Web.Hosting; string pageFolderPath = VirtualPathUtility.AppendTrailingSlash(VirtualPathHandler.PageDirectoryRootVirtualPath + CurrentPage["PageFolderID"]); VirtualDirectory pageDir = HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(pageFolderPath); I have added an issue in our bug system that we should offer a more convenient way of getting page folder, e.g. by offer a Property PageFolder on PageData.
Oct 02, 2007 7:57
Vote:

Getting a handle to an existing file: UnifiedFile file = HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetFile(virtualPath) as UnifiedFile; Get or Create a Page Folder: int folderId = (int) page.Property["PageFolderID"].Value; string pageDirectoryRootVirtualPath = VirtualPathHandler.PageDirectoryRootVirtualPath; IPageDirectory pageDirectory = HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(pageDirectoryRootVirtualPath) as IPageDirectory; string virtualPathFromFolderId = VirtualPathUtilityEx.Combine(pageDirectoryRootVirtualPath, VirtualPathUtility.AppendTrailingSlash(folderId.ToString())); UnifiedDirectory directory = HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(virtualPathFromFolderId) as UnifiedDirectory; if (directory == null) { directory = pageDirectory.CreateSubdirectory(folderId.ToString(), page); } NOTE! Folder will not “exist” for real until a file is saved inside it. It is important to call CreateSubdirectory with the page as parameter to setup security correctly! Getting a handle to a new file: UnifiedFile file = HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetFile(virtualPath) as UnifiedFile; if (file == null) { string virtualDir = VirtualPathUtility.GetDirectory(virtualPath); UnifiedDirectory directory = HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(virtualDir) as UnifiedDirectory; return directory.CreateFile(VirtualPathUtility.GetFileName(virtualPath)); } Example of reading UnifiedFile: Bitmap image = null; using (Stream stream = file.Open()) { image = (Bitmap) Image.FromStream(stream); } Example of writing with UnifiedFile: using (Stream stream = file.Open(FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write)) { image.Save(stream, encoderInfo, encoderParams); } Regards, Fredrik Haglund INEXOR AB – det digitala byggbolaget ™ http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se
Nov 28, 2007 12:35
Vote:

Hi I was interested in the sample provided http://www.episerver.com/EPiServerCom/Templates/SampleSource.aspx?id=11336&epslanguage=EN, but there is an error opening the zip.

Can you re-provide.

Regards,

Ian

Nov 12, 2008 13:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.