Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Install Module

Vote:

Do you have any documentation on how to build "Modules"? As far I as understand it is a simple .zip archive with the templates (aspx), but how do I do it with web.config additions and EPiServer pages and templates?
Sep 10, 2007 11:03
Vote:

Any ideas?
Sep 25, 2007 16:51
Vote:

I got the Templates up and running (put the episerverdata file in /util/setup/), but can not find any examples of how to do web.config changes.
Sep 25, 2007 16:52
Vote:

Hi Thomas! Currently the module installation support in the manager is really basic and consists of: File installation/copy Assemby GAC registration Import of epi4 and episerverdata files I.e. the current functionality is: All files will be copied to the installation directory according to the relative paths within the zip. All strongly named assemblies in the /bin folder will be registered in the GAC. The setup page will be shown allowing you to choose which content to import. We already have functions for further actions that are only used internally in the manager. We intend to make these functions available when creating your own module packages further on. However, the code needs to be modified for public use as some of the functions are quite arcane and have been around since manager 1.0. Some idea of what these functions are for: Service installation File rights and IIS security setup Modifying web.config
Sep 27, 2007 16:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.