Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Active Directory membership provider with RC4

Vote:

Hello, I'm trying to set up Active Directory with EPiServer CMS using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider but I recieve the following exception when I have logged into edit mode: The property 'LastLoginDate' is not supported by the Active Directory membership provider. Is there a solution for this? Thanks, Christian
Sep 13, 2007 9:29
Vote:

Hi Unfortunately ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider is not currently supported on EPiServer CMS. We will look into supporting this provider, probably this will be included in the next release.
Sep 17, 2007 8:33
Vote:

Thank you for your reply. Is there a provider included in EPiServer that support Active Directory or is it not possible to use EPiServer CMS with ActiveDirectory until next release? Thanks, Christian
Sep 17, 2007 11:18
Vote:

Hi The WindowsMembershipProvider and WindowsRoleProvider works fine in an Active Directory environment. The restrictions are: The computer running EPiServer must be a member of the AD domain. You will only see the downlevel group names rather than the fully qualified group names (for example in the AD domain episerver.com, the group with FQ name "CN=development,OU=Users,DC=episerver,DC=com" will be visible as EPISERVER\development. The WindowsMembershipProvider will only show users that has logged on at least once. The WindowsRoleProvider will only show groups that previously logged-on users belonged to. I e the group EPISERVER\development will only be listed as a role by the WindowsRoleProvider if a user that has been logged on by the WindowsMembershipProvider belonged to EPISERVER\development. I e the WindowsRoleProvider will progressively import groups. If you need to pre-populate the WindowsRoleProvider with groups (corresponding to the "Group synchronization" feature in EPiServer 4) you can do this by entering the required groups directly into the database table tblWindowsGroup. Using the same example again, the column GroupName should have value EPISERVER\development and the column LoweredGroupName shold have value episerver\development.
Sep 19, 2007 9:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.