Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access denied after installing RC4

Vote:

I have installed RC4, but when trying to access admin/setup.aspx to install templates I get Access denied. Can not access any default page ether. EPi is configured for windows authentication. ASP.NET and NETWORK SERVICE users has access to the folders. I am an Administrator on the machine Any ideas about what causes this?
Sep 06, 2007 11:26
Vote:

Found out that I the problem was the access to EPi admin. If i allow everyone to access admin I can enter. My user on the server belongs to Administrators, which in web.config should have admin rights
Sep 06, 2007 15:41
Vote:

Hello Ina Thanks for reporting this. We've recreated this here and it is a bug. To get around the problem you need to switch to forms authentication and log in once with the windows account you are using. After that you can switch back to windows authentication and everything should work for that user. Regards Per
Sep 07, 2007 14:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.