Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using the PageSiteMapProvider class

Vote:

Has anyone used the PageSiteMapProvider class? I get correct node names from it, but I can't seem to bind it to a ASP.NET SiteMapPath control? I keep getting an error stating: System.ArgumentNullException: Paramater has no page set Parameter name: pageLink Any ideas?
Aug 16, 2007 14:52
Vote:

Hi Ted! Have you specified a start page for the sitemapprovider? Is this error part och a stack trace or something else?
Aug 16, 2007 15:47
Vote:

Hi! I haven't explicitly set a start page for the PageSiteMapProvider object, the only properties that seem relevant are read-only? What I've done so far is to declare a new PageSiteMapProvider object and then assign it to a SiteMapPath object's Provider property. Thanks for your help!
Aug 17, 2007 9:52
Vote:

Hi I have corrected a bug in PageSiteMapProvider which probably caused the error you seen. Also now when using Property webcontrol inside templates in SiteMapPath control they will fetch data from the correct page (that is the current item in the templated control and not the currently loaded page). The fix will be included in RC4.
Aug 17, 2007 15:56
Vote:

Sounds good to me! Looking forward to RC4! :)
Aug 17, 2007 18:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.