Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

RC3 on Vista?

Vote:

Hi, Can you use the new manager to install onto Vista? I have tried this but I get an error when it tries to enumerate the web sites in IIS? I am not sure if this is a security issue with Vista or if its just not supported. It would be nice to install this on the same vista developer image so I can see the new templates and figure out the product. Also, is the documentation included in the manager installation? There does not appear to be much docs in the SDK install? Many thanks in advance Mike
Jul 13, 2007 10:25
Vote:

Hi, We do not support Manager installtion in Vista but you can make it work passably if you set the iis 7 to iis6 compability mode and you also have to run classic application pool but it do not work ok... You can find some documentation startmenu/epsierver../ when you have the sdk-installtion. To use the templates in sdk you have to manually import them into your episerversite but that will need some work from your side to make it work.
Jul 13, 2007 14:33
Vote:

Eric, thanks for your reply...Is there somewhere to get the templates from for this version (without having to download the other image). Also, can you just outline the easiest way to import these templates. Many thanks in advance Mike
Jul 16, 2007 15:38
Vote:

Eric, thanks for your reply...Is there somewhere to get the templates from for this version (without having to download the other image). Also, can you just outline the easiest way to import these templates. Many thanks in advance Mike
Jul 16, 2007 15:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.