Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer CMS RC1 templates?

Vote:

Do anyone know if any basic templates come with the new EPiServer CMS RC1? (For instance search)
May 02, 2007 15:10
Vote:

If you are using SDK installation of EPiServer RC1 then there is no templates shipped with it. However, 2 template packages namely publicPackage.zip and samplePackage.zip are shipped with the EPiServer Manager installation. Hope this answers your question.
May 02, 2007 15:51
Vote:

Thanks!
May 03, 2007 16:13
Vote:

The publicPackage.zip is a new one. It seems to me that the samplePackage.zip is the same as the 4.61 ASP 2.0 templates. SamplePackage.zip contains a lot, publicPackage not. EP\rowi wrote 2007-04-15: "The new templates are totally rewritten and are not based on the old ones". Could someone tell little more about these new templates? When to use public or sample? Is there going to be more included in publicPackage? Is there going to be another samplePackage.zip which is totally rewritten? Is there any WhitePage or document that I can read about these packages or templates? Sorry I'm just a little confused. :) /jorm@
May 04, 2007 9:05
Vote:

See http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Documentation/Articles/EPiServer-CMS/Whats-new-in-EPiServer-CMS/ I know for sure that the "Production Templates" will have fewer page types and less functionality than the demo package we know today when EPiServer CMS is released. The focus is best practices, valid markup and the most common editor-features. New templates and features will be added over time. The "Demo Package" will have more templates and features, showing how things _can_ be done. The code will be less advanced, not focusing so much on valid markup and best practices in order to be simple and have a small footprint to make it easier to understand the use of the API. Not sure if this will be the "old" example site, or if something new will be built. You could say "Learn it by looking at the demo site, build it like the production templates" :-) /Steve
May 04, 2007 15:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.