Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with globalization in RC1

Vote:

Hi, I installed RC1 with CMS Manager and added the globalized demo templates (I forget exactly what the package was called, but there was one globalized and one non-globalized to choose from). After enabling globalization and setting English and Swedish as available languages in the site root, several bugs appeared. * Almost every page gave an ASP.NET error when Swedish was chosen. The error message said that a certain page could not be found in Swedish. Setting either fallback or replacement languages did not help. That could be just a template problem, but... * When choosing Swedish in the page tree, the entire page tree was replaced with the same ASP.NET error. * When trying to switch back to English in the page tree, the page tree was still stuck in Swedish! Since the system remebered the choice when logging out and back in (but perhaps that's just a cookie?), I had to publish blank Swedish-language versions of 20 or so pages by manually typing id=xx in the address bar before seeing a page tree again. * Now that the site has enough Swedish dummy content that most pages display again, I notice that the language menu at the page tree is not properly synchronized with the tree. If the page tree is English and I switch to Swedish, the menu still says English. Has anyone else seen these problems? Best regards, Otto Giesenfeld
May 03, 2007 11:30
Vote:

Hello, yes this is a known problem, reported as issue # 0047215 Cannot browse a newly created language page. It's a twofold problem apparently caused by incomplete sample content as well as a code defect in the UrlRewrite engine (Friendly URL).
May 07, 2007 15:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.