Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiCMS RC1 Cannot install files...

Vote:

The installation of the EPiCMS RC1 went just fine untill the install process was at the end, then I get the folowing error : Cannot install files: The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed. [An exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of System.Configuration.Install.TransactedInstaller.] I'm running XP Sp2 SQL 2005 Ver 9.00.3054.00. Any suggestions?
May 15, 2007 10:01
Vote:

Hi Kalle! What the manager is trying to do in the AfterInstall event is to run the database scripts for ASP.NET 3.0 Workflows. The scriptfiles SHOULD be located in the C:\%SYSROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Foundation\SQL\EN\ folder and are named SqlPersistenceService_Schema.sql and SqlPersistenceService_Logic.sql respectively. So my guess is that you don't have ASP.NET 3.0 installed (and the Manager failed to detect that) or those files are missing for some other reason. Didn't you get a more extensive errormessage, perhaps with a stacktrace?
May 15, 2007 10:53
Vote:

Hi, I have 3.0 installed and the SQL script files are in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Foundation\SQL\EN. Sorry no stack trace, that was the only explanation I got. Doesn't the manager store a log file somewhere? /kalle
May 15, 2007 16:48
Vote:

Yes, you can find the log in c:\program files\episerver\manager\download\upgrade.log. Depending on how many installations you have done on your machine the logfile can be quite large. The structure of a "failed install"-log is something like: Starting install Copying files/running installers Exception Starting rollback Removing files/rolling back installers The actuall exception-logmessage hopfully cointains a stacktrace but can be hard to find as it is "small" compared to the hundreds of messages about the installation/rollback progress.
May 21, 2007 11:58
Vote:

Hi, this seems to be the exception No public installers with the RunInstallerAttribute.Yes attribute could be found in the C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\MILHTMLParser\5.1.331.6__8fe83dea738b45b7\MILHTMLParser.dll assembly. An exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of System.Configuration.Install.TransactedInstaller. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot generate SSPI context. An exception occurred during the Install phase. System.InvalidOperationException: An exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of System.Configuration.Install.TransactedInstaller. The inner exception System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown with the following error message: Cannot generate SSPI context.. The Rollback phase of the installation is beginning.
Jun 04, 2007 15:23
Vote:

Hi again! This issue has been fixed now and will be in the next public release of the manager. The process of finding and running the workflow foundation scripts is now: 1. Look for the files in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Foundation\SQL\EN 2. Look for the files in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Foundation\SQL\EN 3. Log an error to the logfile, but let the installation continue I have tried installing different language-versions of .NET FW 3, but the scripts always end up in the \SQL\EN\ folder, let me know if you have found something that contradicts this. If an unexpected error still occurs; catch it, log it and continue the installation. To work around this problem with the current version of the manager, make sure that the files SqlPersistenceService_Logic.sql and SqlPersistenceService_Schema.sql are located in the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Foundation\SQL\EN folder and make sure that they are not locked by some other process. Also try to give EVERYONE read access to the files should the problem still occur.
Jun 13, 2007 18:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.