Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with the Default language that is not en

Vote:

Hi, I have problems with the default language of EPiServer5 application. To make "sv" as default language I set next: 1. Set the "sv" as the first and the only language in the "language administration" in admin web. 2. Also, modified the web.config file to use the swedish language: ........... .......... .......... Now, when I want to create page, I create page but when I click the created page again, the EPiServer requires me to create one more version of the page related to swedish language (it jumps me to the edit tab and requires the page name from me again). It seems that the first try of "page creation" results the creation of page related to the english language. I suppose that the same thing is happening with other languages too except the english one. How can I set the system to create the page on swedish language at once without forcing the user to repeat action of entering the name of page again? (I've also noticed that Root and RecycleBin are also set on english language.) Best Regards Vlada
Dec 10, 2007 16:17
Vote:

Hello, I've found the post from "EP\go" who mentioned the possible solution about this. I did that in his way and it works. Thanks for info. You can find it on "http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Developer-Forum2/EPiServer-Developer-Forums-/EPiServer-CMS-version-5/13968/" The content from this post is next (in the case if post become unavailable): " Hi We've received a couple of request for a tool or script to change the master language for a site. Such a tool is to be developed but for now, you can manually change the language branch table to switch languages. Let's say you got a site running with english as the master language, but the content is written in swedish. What you need to do is swap the LanguageIDs for english and swedish in the table tblLanguageBranch. To do this you'll need to temporarily re-name either of the two LanguageIDs to an Id which is not in the table due to restrictions in the table. " Best Regards Vlada
Dec 11, 2007 19:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.