Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Visual Studio EPiServer Project - publish/deploy

Vote:

Hi! If I create an EPiServer Project in VS2005 I can successfully hit F5 and bring up the application. But how do I publish (or deploy) the project? The "publish" feature doesn't really work...
Nov 30, 2007 14:02
Vote:

To publish your project from Vs2005 to an IIS server you will have to first install a Core installation of EPiServer on the server with the CMS Manager. The second step is to go to VS and right click on the project name at the Solution explorer view, you will see that there is an option called Publish. This option will build all the necessary files needed to have your site running. Select this option and publish it to the path where you installed the CMS core installation. You may need to do some changes on your web.config to get the database string right, pagestart and maybe some other values depending if you have made more changes on your webconfig.
Dec 03, 2007 11:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.