Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I open EPI files

Vote:

Please, I would like to know how to open the software? I have registered and gotten the license key 1.7 kb back, done as instructed to open the EPI file. But it will not open. How do I go about this, and what Office program will I employ to solve this, open the file. I cannot run the file, as it will not open in Internet Xplorer, for example. Regards Anders
Nov 11, 2007 19:08
Vote:

The EPi file?? What installation are you trying to run, the EPiServer CMS Manager Installation, or the SDK Installation Package?
Nov 11, 2007 19:37
Vote:

Hi Mari, The CSM EPI Server Manager. As I try to run it in Wordpad, Word, it will not open in Internet, solely html code is appearing. Should I save the 15 kb file on c- or d drives, as well as the license file (1.7 kb) (it says that if the license file is on 2 kbs or is empty you must resend, do the downloading again, yet this is not the problem. I have sent some e-mail to the EPI server headquarters in Sweden to ask them how to go about this download trouble of mine. What do you advice med to do? I am not that familiar with downloading this type of files for web publishing, but I want to employ this software in practical use, and it seems so very easy (as opposed to learn Dreamweaver, which may take awhile to get a grip on), so it is one reason I would want to work with it: But even for occupational purposes. Mari, I would be much obliged if You, or somebody else would like to assist me in downloading this file. I have had some modem trouble recently, slow broadband connection, However, I have 100 mb/s and 400 mb7, and it should be working fine, so this is not the actual hunch. Regards Anders
Nov 11, 2007 21:48
Vote:

Mari I mean the EPiServer CMS Manager Installation. Sincerely Anders
Nov 11, 2007 21:54
Vote:

You should open the link to the ClickOnce Manager in Internet Explorer. For EPiServer CMS 5 - Manager Installation Instructions http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Documentation/Release-Notes---EPiServer-CMS-51/EPiServer-CMS---Manager-Installation-Instructions/ Pay attention to the prerequisites for this installation.
Nov 12, 2007 8:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.