Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit and Admin mode on Mac (Safari and/or Firefox)

Vote:

We have a customer using only Mac machines. Can somebody confirm that Epi5 edit and admin modes can work in Safari or even on Firefox on Mac. We have tried with 4.61 and EditX but some of the features missing motivated the customer to ask for more and evaluation of Episever 5. Is there any hope?
Nov 20, 2007 10:58
Vote:

The editor is still very, very limited in Safari / Firefox. You, by far do not have the same interface as you would have in IE6/7. But it.. works? That's more than you can say about 4.61 ;-) My recommendation is to perhaps get your clients to upgrade to an Intel Mac and perhaps use Parallels for Windows virtualisation. We have done that for a couple of clients and they are more than happy. I'm also on an Intel Mac, developing EPiServer solutions in this environment.
Nov 20, 2007 11:08
Vote:

It works on Firefox for Windows I can confirm that, but without Rich Text Editor. Thank you for the answer
Nov 20, 2007 11:41
Vote:

It is possible to change the editor in EPiServer CMS 5 in order to make the Edit mode of EPiServer work in other browsers than IE. A good article describing this is posted at http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Download2/Code-Samples/2646/Editor-for-non-IE-browsers.
Nov 20, 2007 11:59
Vote:

Hi! A detailed list of all functionality that is not currently supported for Firefox can be found in the "Not Supported in this Release" section of the release notes for EPiServer CMS 5 R1: http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Documentation/Release-Notes---EPiServer-CMS-51/#Not%20Supported%20in%20this%20Release
Nov 20, 2007 14:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.