Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForms cant send email

Vote:

It doesnt seem to matter what I do, but when I submit an xform for emailing I get this: "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address" I've tried all sorts of valid email address, different servers etc, but nothing works. I will create my own sender to get around this, but geeze, XForms is well overdue for a makeover!
Oct 26, 2007 3:54
Vote:

Hi Peter! I have tried the email sending options myself now and I have no problems sending e-mails. Could you post your stack trace or more information so that we can have more information about how to locate your problem? Regarding your comments about an XForms makeover, could you give some more specific details on what you are having problems with or what you want to do that you can't do today so that we can see if this is something that should be put into the product backlog.
Oct 26, 2007 16:26
Vote:

Hi Stack trace is: [FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.] System.Net.Mime.MailBnfHelper.ReadMailAddress(String data, Int32& offset, String& displayName) +898147 System.Net.Mail.MailAddress.ParseValue(String address) +245 System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding) +87 System.Net.Mail.MailMessage..ctor() +271 EPiServer.XForms.Implementation.EMailConnection.Transform(IItem item) +121 EPiServer.XForms.Implementation.EMailConnection.SendEmail(Object sender, ChannelEventArgs e) +154 EPiServer.BaseLibrary.Channel.ChannelEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, ChannelEventArgs e) +0 EPiServer.Implementation.SynchronousChannel.Send(IItem item) +70 EPiServer.Implementation.DefaultRepository.Send(String channelId, IItem item) +111 EPiServer.XForms.XFormData.Send() +123 EPiServer.XForms.XFormData.Send(Guid formId) +53 EPiServer.XForms.WebControls.XFormControl.SubmitForm(ChannelOptions options) +1185 EPiServer.XForms.WebControls.Submit.SubmitForm(Object sender, EventArgs e) +374 EPiServer.XForms.WebControls.Submit.OnClick(EventArgs e) +42 EPiServer.XForms.WebControls.Submit.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +48 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102 As for new features, maybe I just dont do enought xforms so it might already be possible but... 1: More validation options - regular expressions would be great! 2: More control over layout of tables 3: More controls - eg div's, multi select drop down lists, data grid's Cheers
Oct 27, 2007 21:55
Vote:

Oh, and I put a BeforePost event handler in so I could check the email addresses it was trying to send to and they are valid.
Oct 27, 2007 21:56
Vote:

Doh! I had the smtp from setting in the web.config still set to localhost. Once I changed this to a real email address xforms now work. Workflows were also broken and now work. Thanks
Oct 27, 2007 23:10
Vote:

Hi again Peter! Here's some answers to your questions/feature requests: 1: More validation options - regular expressions would be great! -> This is already possible. There is a property in the class EPiServer.XForms.DataTypes called Types that is a hastable with a name and a regular expression. This is the list that is used to populate the possible evaluation values for the form fields. Just modify this Hashtable at the application start to add/remove validation options. 2: More control over layout of tables. ->I agree that the layout and html could be improved. We have created a code sample for EPiServer 4 that converts the form from table based to div based. This should work for EPiServer CMS 5 as well. http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Download2/Code-Samples/6042/Div_based_xform/ 3: More controls - eg div's, multi select drop down lists, data grid's ->We will probably make some major changes to the forms editor in the future to be able to support a more html editor based approach and more form input field types but as we have not begun with this I can not give any more details about this at the moment. Regards Linus Ekström Team Leader, EPiServer Frontend Team
Oct 31, 2007 17:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.