Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Virtual Path Provider & sharing upload-folders

Vote:

When being multiple developers on a project we want to share upload-folder. In older versions of EPiServer this could be solved by including the upload folder in the project folder and check in/check out between us. But in CMS you have to place the upload folder outside the project folder and this solution is prohibited. So, how do we share the upload folder?
Oct 02, 2007 16:09
Vote:

You simply add another level to the source-control: /Project /Project/WebRoot /Project/Upload ...
Oct 02, 2007 17:57
Vote:

I work together with Åsa and we tried this solution today but the result wasn't totally satisfying. We can now synchronize our upload-folder but Åsa can't view the images/files on her computer. That is; I can point my browser to http://localhost/Global/RandomImage.jpg and see the file requested but if Åsa tries the same thing on her machine she just receives a 404-page. So, any help on this?
Oct 03, 2007 16:49
Vote:

The problem is solved. After a quick reply from the support team at episerver we now have the solution. Apparently the person who hadn't created the projekt had to add the following: Go to the properties for the site in the IIS -> home directory -> configuration. There has to be a .* wildcard there that points at C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll. Also check that "verify that file exist" isn't selected.
Oct 04, 2007 11:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.