Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem about importing xml into EPI

Vote:

I'm now facing a problem: I have some xml files (which contains Headings, bodys, and many cross-links), I have to import the content in these xml files into EPI server DB (SQLServer2005), how to? is there any easier way? Thank u very much
Oct 30, 2007 7:12
Vote:

Hi! If you want to create a import job that is executed inside of EPiServer it's easiest to work against the DataFactory methods to be able to create new pages. If you are outside of the EPiServer environment it's possible to work against either the DataFactoryService of the PageStoreService webservices that's located in the "WebServices" folder. The difference between the PageStoreSrevice and the DataFactoryService is that the PageStoreService has some more overloads for the methods. The DataFactoryService was the webservice used in EPiServer CMS 4 and is there for backwards compability.
Nov 01, 2007 13:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.