Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Other projects gets edited automagically since I installed EPiServer CMS

Vote:

Some projects have been struck with Voodoo magic since I installed EPiServer CMS. A couple of weeks ago, a tagname mapping in an usercontrol had added version 5.1.358.4 and when I got to work this morning this was found in the web.config of a site I've been working on for a couple of weeks (4.61 project): ...and so on. I haven't touched the EPiServer Manager since installing EPiServer CMS on another site 1.5 months ago. Any idea what is editing my project files? Thanks, Magnus von Wachenfeldt
Oct 04, 2007 9:31
Vote:

Since installing EPiServer CMS I have had Visual Studio (I assume) changing web.config (like you describe) for any 4.61 projects I open. It's quite annoying, does anyone know how to stop this behaviour?
Oct 05, 2007 11:14
Vote:

Try removing the new EPiServer Assemblies from the GAC. To succeed doing this after installing the SDK you will have to clean the registry under: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Assemblies\Global /Fredrik
Oct 06, 2007 19:01
Vote:

I'm also experiencing Visual Studio voodoo. If I open a page or user control that contains a <%@ Register TagPrefix="EPiServer" Namespace="EPiServer(.Web).WebControls" Assembly="EPiServer" %> tag, Visual Studio will automagically create a web.config file for me if one does not already exist.
Oct 08, 2007 15:50
Vote:

Yup. It's really really annoying. When I'm working on a 4.6 site after working on a CMS, I have to start with reverting all changes to web.config. EPiServer: I hope you do something about that in the next release....
Nov 05, 2007 15:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.