Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New EpiServer5 project startup error

Vote:

Hello I have been following step by step guide within EpiServer CMS SDK Documentation "Setting Up a New EPiServer Site with Visual Studio". All steps pass correctly until "Viewing the Results, 3.". When I compile the project I get the following error: Parser Error Message: Section or group name 'episerver' is already defined. Updates to this may only occur at the configuration level where it is defined. The web.config file is marked as place where parse error occurred. There is only one episerver section group registered overthere (and it is untempered config file as created automatically). I guess it is related to framework 3.0 and IIS 6. Do you have any tips for me? Thanx
Oct 12, 2007 13:36
Vote:

Could you search you computer for other *.config files that contain the "episerver" section definition? Regards, Tibi
Oct 16, 2007 10:25
Vote:

On a closer look, it seems that such behaviour is caused by installing EPiServer in a virtual folder under an existing EPiServer installation. Regards, Tibi
Oct 16, 2007 10:33
Vote:

Thanx for your effort. I have been rechecking all things one by one. Starting from machine.config, IIS metadata, and finally managed to rack everything down and had to reinstall IIS, reregister framework 2.0, and run repair on visual studio I finally got it running. Beats me what was the problem. Maybe it was some Epi 4.6.1. config as you suspect.
Oct 16, 2007 13:59
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.