Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Core.AccessDeniedException: Access denied

Vote:

Hello!

I'm working in a EPi v 6 R2 site and i'm having problems accessing a certain page. Last week everything worked fine, at first i didn't have proper user rights to access the admin/edit mode but i created a myself as a new admin user in the database and everything worked. However that was at another place. Now i'm at my customer, i have been given special credentials (an image) so that i can use their internet. I don't know if this has something to do with it but i'm browsing my page in their internet inviroment.

This is the error i'm getting:

EPiServer.Core.AccessDeniedException: Access denied

Line 1:  <%@ page language="c#" inherits="Web.Project.Templates.Public.Pages.PageResponsibility" codebehind="PageResponsibilityList.aspx.cs" line 2: masterpagefile="~/Templates/Public/MasterPages/Web.Master" %>
Line 3:  <%@ import namespace="Web.Configuration.Core.Extentions" %>

I looked into the page "PageResponsibility" and it looks like code is missing? Also the page does not appear at al in the edit mode map tree.

What might be the porblem? I'm thinking either i have accidently removed some code or i'm not able to have full access when browsing in my customers network. I'm using SQL athentication and i have added myself as a super admin in the db, the customer didn't add me so i had to do it myself, meaby that could be a problem aswell?

Would appreciate anny input. Thanks!
Sep 24, 2014 9:44
Vote:

EDIT: The code seem to be in order. Still i dont know why i can't access "PageResponsibility". Even though the page is in my propject and was accessible a week ago it wont show up in the file structure while in Edit-mode when browsing the link i get this exeption. Verty strange..

Edited, Sep 24, 2014 9:58
Vote:

Could you have a page that's being referenced that has passed it's stop publish date and thus giving the error?

Sep 24, 2014 10:09
Vote:

Well that would be a possible scenario but the page is available in the staging enviroment and on the live website. I'm kinda new at EPi but could i re-publish the page in my local project? Is there a publish history in Edit mode? Thx

Also the code seem to be in order, in fact everything seem fine. I tried lots of things now but not re-publishing the page.

EDIT: Im looking in the above folder of where the page should be and i noticed i do not have rights to add a new page in the folder. In fact icons saying "You have not been assigned the user rights to make changes to this page" - appear on most pages.

Edited, Sep 24, 2014 10:39
Vote:

The page itself could be quite available, but when the template is executed, it would normally fetch all kind of data from the site, for instance menues, specific links to items in text etc. If the template has a direct relationship to a page that has expired, for instance the root node for a listing, this will result in an access denied exception. I haven't been tracking these kind of errors for many years, so there might be better ways to do this nowdays like checking in error logs. What I have done previosly is just checking all references for the page that has the error and see if any of those pages has expired.

Sep 24, 2014 10:43
Vote:

I see. Do you mean like checking all the referances in VS?

Edited, Sep 24, 2014 10:47
Vote:

I guess you can either check the templates or the web site. I have always checked the references for the item in the CMS edit view since this is normally faster. Say for instance that you have a property named:

ListingRoot: News [81]

Then you go to the page News and see so that it's not expired.

Sep 24, 2014 10:50
Vote:

Well there dosn't seem to be anny referances and the page i'm looking for dosn't show up in Edit map tree at all. However i went to Admin mode - Set Access Rights and when i expand that map tree i can see the page im looking for. I also confirmed i have administrator role but checked "Select All" to be certain. That didn't make anny differance though. 

Edited, Sep 24, 2014 11:23
Vote:

Problem solved. The error was AD -related. Had to create a new group for "Everyone" in Admin.

Edited, Sep 24, 2014 15:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.