Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Links on mainsite/mobilesite

Vote:

I have a EPiServer CMS 6 R2 main site www.mainsite.com and a mobile site www.mainsite.com/mobilesite/. If you go to the main site URL with a mobile device you are redirected to the mobile site URL.

A lot of the information on the main site is displayed on the mobile site so the editors do not need to edit content on two places. If an editor adds a new news post to the main site the news post is displayed on the mobile site.

Now to my problem. Editors place links in the text content in news posts to other pages on the main site. If the user is on the mobile and clicks on the link the user will be redirected to the main site even if there exist a mobile pages for that page. I want the user be redirected to the mobile page if it exist one.

So if a user browses the mobile page I want the user to be able to click on links and then be redirected to the mobile page for that page if the mobile page exists.

What would be the best way to solve this problem?

Aug 15, 2014 9:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.