Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Sequential approval workflow

Vote:

Hi,

The behaviour of the Sequential approval workflow that ship with EPiServer is exactly what I'm looking for. When an editor saves a page an approver will automatically get a notification to approve the page. The only problem is that I want to use different approvers for different language branches. Is this possible to accomplish or do I have to create a custom Workflow?

Thanks in advance

Niclas

May 26, 2014 16:30
Vote:

Hi

Out of the box i dont think you will be able to start it based on the language of the page. There is an extra tab in edit mode where you can manually start a workflow. 

Do you have specific editors for every language or is it the same editors for several languages? If so an editor could be given the rights to manually start a workflow say SequentialApprovalEnglish where that WF would call a group EnglishApprovers. That would however give manual work which the user might forget. 

I will check with a colleague if its possible to trigger based on language out of the box but i doubt it, would probably need some custom code to achieve it and then it depends if you have specific editors for every language or not how much work it would be. 

Best Regards

/Per

Sep 19, 2014 18:16
Vote:

Hi

Have checked this and as assumed its not possible out of the box to have automatic triggers based on the language so you will need to develop this on your own.

Another way is as I mentioned above to manually start the workflow and if the client got different editors per language you should be able to have them start different types of workflows (only allow them to start based on their language) like for example SequentialApprovalEnglish and SequentialApprovalSwedish to update different approvers about it. 

Good luck with the project

/Per

Sep 23, 2014 15:08
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.