Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

dynamic hyperlink on admin plugin page always points to site root

Vote:

I have an admin plugin which includes a hyperlink control.  I am setting the URL from a PageData object but when the page loads the URL always points to the root.  Below is the code I am using.

var pageRef = new PageReference((dto.PageID));
var page = DataFactory.Instance.GetPage(pageRef);
hlTarget.NavigateUrl = page.LinkURL;    

When I debug the above code page.LinkURL has a valid value, i.e. "/Templates/Public/Pages/OurTemplate.aspx?id=1234&epslanguage=en" but after the page loads the hyperlink points to the site root.

Any ideas why?

Apr 22, 2014 20:44
Vote:

FYI, other URL values work just fine.  i.e. if I set NavigateURL to an external website or even to a "non-CMS" page on our site using a relative URL it works just fine.  It is only URL's in the form provided by LinkURL that get rewritten/wiped out.  Is there something in the admin plugin that tries to rewrite page URL's?  Any ideas why it would be failing?

Apr 23, 2014 21:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.