Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change built-in property caption text for specified page type

Vote:

Hi, does anybody know how to change help text of built-in property for specified page type?  For example, I have a page type "newslist", I only want to change help text of property "PageChildOrderRule" for page type "newslist".

Apr 30, 2014 10:25
Vote:

This is a wild guess but if anything works I think the best bet would be through the lang files.

Adding a help element for that property in the same manor as in the <common>-node but for the newslist page type further down or in a "later" lang file could work.

May 01, 2014 15:41
Vote:

Thanks but unfortunately it doesn't work. I added following node to a "later" language file but the help text didn't change.

<pagetypes>
      <pagetype name="Nyhetslista">
          <property name="PageChildOrderRule">
            <caption>Sort order</caption>
            <help>new help text</help>
          </property>
      </pagetype>
    </pagetypes>

May 04, 2014 12:23
Vote:

OK, good to know.

I guess you will have to settle for changing the text for all to something like "When using Nyhetslista this controls behaviour x for other pagetypes it controls y".

May 05, 2014 8:55
Vote:

Thanks. I did it as you suggested.

May 09, 2014 11:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.