Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Override existing Form Data Plugin for XForm

Vote:

does any one know how we can ovveride the existing edit Panel Plugin "Form Data". I don't wanna to see all the posted data. I want add some more Fields and remove some is that possible.

Mar 06, 2014 8:01
Vote:

Have you tried a Control- or a PageAdapter? I often use them for changing build-in EPiServer functionality. I'll see if I can get you some directions in a bit.

Mar 06, 2014 8:51
Vote:

Mathias that would help..Thanks

Mar 06, 2014 8:55
Vote:

It seems to be \EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\UI\CMS\Edit\XFormsPostings.ascx that is responsible for the Form Data tab in edit mode. The grid control has ID='Grid', so I guess you could try creating a ControlAdapter (similar example), locate the Grid-control recursively in this.Controls and edit the item template; or see if there is something to be done to the objects in Grid.DataSource. If you use Ilspy or Reflector on EPiServer.UI.Edit.XFormPostings you will see what EPiServer does. The search, datasource assignment and databinding is done in the Search_Click event. Hope it helps.

Feels like there should be an easier way though, can't think of any..

//m

Mar 06, 2014 9:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.